Saturday, October 9, 2010

#7 - 3 Guys - UES - 2.5 out of 5

3 Guys Restaurant
1232 Madison Ave, New York 10128
(Btwn 88th & 89th St)
Multiple other locations around the city
Diners & Coffee Shops
Veggie Burger - $7.75

When your office is located on 89th and Madison, it's best to bring your own lunch. Otherwise, you only have a few options close-by, all of which will leave you feeling broke and unsatisfied.

Friday I had a lunch date planned with my coworker Britney. I had told her I needed to stay pretty close because I had pulled a muscle the night before and could barely walk. It was very true, but add in the severe hangover and I was even more useless. She suggested Corner Bakery (not on a corner) or 3 Guys Restaurant, but it's really a diner. I said 3 Guys. I have a moral opposition to eating at Corner, mainly because they need to get over themselves with their prices and figure out what the deal with their scale is for the frozen yogurt. It NEVER makes sense!

Anyway, at 3 guys I so badly wanted a grilled cheese and french fries, i.e., my hangover favorite. However, after looking around this dumpy oh-so-typical UES diner, I knew I'd never be back, so therefore I HAD to get the veggie burger.

Not much to tell here. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. It just was. It was BIG, I'll give it that. And sometimes size does really matter, especially when you're not offered anything else with it for $7.75. Standard bun--fresh, and standard concoction of burger--veggies & bread crumbs. I enjoyed it, but if I ever did go back to 3 Guys, I wouldn't order it again. Fortunately they have 10 other pages of menu options to chose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment